I needed to really get myself back into it, but needed some help so I appealed to my craft friends and an idea of a journal swap with a difference was born.
There are 5 of us taking part in this swap, with journals of different shapes, sizes and materials. We all created a background of our own and posted the pages off to the next person. Then the next person finished off the page, working on a theme we had decided before.
I painted my background up and also made myself a duplicate in another journal.
I used lots of green and yellows, which are colours I usually would not have chosen. First gesso'd my pages to prepare them, then used inktense blocks to add colour. Then ripped strips of paper for a little extra texture and smudged some acrylic paint in my chosen colours.
My journal was posted off and I received a very beautiful background in the post.
I ended up creating something that I actually like. The prompt was flowers. It took me a while to come round to the fact that it was finished, but I'm glad I left it as it is. And I did the same work on the page in my own journal.
I like that these pages look so different, yet they are so similar.
On my desk tonight, I have created the background to be posted off to my next friend for her to complete.
Again, I did one in my journal so I get to keep one. I am really enjoying this challenge.







Hello Lea. Wonderful pages. Well done. Outside your comfort zone, as they say. That's brave - well done.
ReplyDeleteTake care. God bless.
Margaret #5
That must be a very interesting thing to only do part of the page and have it come back to you with someone else s spin on it :) Thanks for the earlier visit, ~Stacy #44
ReplyDeleteThat's a brilliant idea to swap journal pages. I'm with you, I spend ages just thinking about what to do. Have a great woyww and happy crafting, Angela x 19
ReplyDeleteWonderful pages! That sounds like a really fun swap and seems to have gotten your creative juices flowing again. I love the 'Bloom and Grow' pages.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week
Sharon K #37
What a great idea! A journal page swap! Love how yours turned out!
ReplyDeleteLove the colors on the newest ones too. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my desk earlier! #46
Your swap sounds like a lot of fun. I love what you're doing on your pages. Dorlene #43
ReplyDeleteI love those pages - lovely bright colors! have a blessed day, donna #41
ReplyDeleteHi Lea, Fab journal pages.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog.
Happy WOYWW
Sue #6
What a great idea, and the perfect way to find inspiration adn have fun at the same time! I love the backgrounds you've created - that lime green really zings and is one of my favourites. I love the flower theme too, the pages look really pretty and yet so different.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a lovely week,
Diana #22
What a great idea. I did something similar recently with ten friends - it turned out great too.
ReplyDeleteBelated Happy WOYWW
Kathyk
#14
What a super challenge you and your friends have come up with.
ReplyDeleteGreat pages, and as you say - two the same but different backgrounds make for a total different look.
Hugs and thanks for your visit, Neet xx2
Great idea to always make a copy for yourself. So far your swap is looking great.
ReplyDeletesandra de #32
What a great idea, and the perfect way to find inspiration and have fun at the same time! I love the backgrounds you've created - that lime green really zings and is one of my favourites. I love the flower theme too, the pages look really pretty and yet so different.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by my desk earlier, I hope you have a lovely
week,
Diana #22
I love your pages! Art Journaling is one of my favorite things to do. An art journal swap between friends and a collaboration on pages is the best!! I hope to see more of your pages!!
ReplyDeletehappy creating!!
Oh that's great, and such a good idea to make a page background to keep too, it's always lovely to carry on if something has inspired you. And the pages look great...a very successful swap if you ask me!
ReplyDeleteOh, how amazing are those flower pages?! I love the way you transformed the background - that's brilliant!
ReplyDeleteHugs, LLJ 11 xx
It sounds like a really fun challenge, and your page is awesome, LOVE iT! Thanks for your visit, Happy WOYWW Vicky #34
ReplyDeleteHi Lea, those journal pages are fun, not sure I could ever do anything like that, the blue and the green one look so different, but a closer look reveals that they both have the same elements.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my desk
Chris #27
Happy Belated WOYWW! I agree with you, that I spend more time on Pintrest than in my journal as well. I love that swap idea, and keeping a copy for yourself as well. The pages look great. if you ever do another swap, I'd be interested. Have a great weekend, and thanks for stopping by.
ReplyDelete-K #42
Beautiful journal pages, nice doing one yourself and one to send. I did a little round robin a few years back, it is a lovely way to share your creations. (not many Pokémon yet) Thanks for the visit BJ#10 (I did reply yesterday but received an error e-mail so giving it another go as nothing here yet)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous idea! and I really like both the background you created and the journal page you are shippng off! I have been involved in three Circle Journal events and found that I seem to create the most wonderful pieces when I am mailing them away... And thank you for the lovely visit and comment you left on my post earlier this week, I do hope your potatoes come around! Scrapbook Lynne WOYWW#39
ReplyDeletegreat looking pages and it sounds like a lot of fun doing that kind of
ReplyDeleteswap! Look forward to seeing more pages. Hope you have a great week and
thanks for stopping by my desk! Vickie #48
These pages are wonderful! I journal swap is a fabulous idea. LisaDV#33
ReplyDelete